Lafayette Park is the literal and figurative ‘heart’ of Chevy Chase, DC. It is used daily by children and adults of all ages for playground romping, tennis, basketball, exercising, baseball, soccer and so much more. DPR is responsible for maintaining the park but they fall short in many ways. Friends of Lafayette Park (FOLP) is dedicated to preserving and improving the park. FOLP is hosting a Lafayette Park Spring clean up day on April 13th and we need YOUR help!
Here is how YOU can help:
- Show up on Saturday, April 13th, anytime from 9am – 12pm
- Stay for 30 minutes or stay for 3 hours
- Bring gardening sheers or clippers (if you have them) and gloves
- Rakes and trash bags will be provided
- Community service hours are available
- Kids are welcome – but must be accompanied by an adult
- We’ll pick up trash, rake leaves, clear brush, cut back bushes, etc
- Donate money to FOLP if you can’t make it: http://thefolp.org/membership/
- Encourage your friends and neighborhoods to join us. Many hands make light work
- Make a suggestion in the comments below for specific areas in the park that could use attention
Email Anslie Stokes, a FOLP board member, here with any questions about the Lafayette Park spring clean up!