Trick-or-Treating in Glover Park? Here is What YOU Need to Know!
- In Glover Park, we trick-or-treat ON Halloween even if that falls on a school night
- The wee ones in the neighborhood will start trick-or-treating just before dusk so be sure to get your porch lights are on and your candy is ready! Sunset is at 6:08pm and the little ones will start venturing out around 5:30pm (usually after the neighborhood parade – #3 below)
- Unique to Glover Park, there is a very informal, but incredibly adorable, parade through the neighborhood to kick off trick-or-treating. Participants typically gather around 5pm on Halloween and start marching at 5:15 pm sharp! It leaves from the main stairs at Stoddert Elementary School. Children of all ages, strollers and wagons are all welcome. The route has changed slightly from year’s past: starting at Stoddert, going south down 39th Place, hang a left on W. Parade finishes at W and Huidekoper Pl. Be sure to check out the “Manor Zombie House” one of the most famous Halloween houses in all of D.C. All marchers are asked to please refrain from trick-or-treating until the parade finishes. If it’s raining, stay home and stay dry.
- The most popular streets for trick-or-treaters tend to be slightly ‘back’ in the neighborhood such as 39th PL, 39th ST, W ST, Benton ST, Huidekoper PL, Beecher and Observatory.
- Teal pumpkins are a sign that non-food treats are available at that house for trick-or-treaters with food allergies.
- Some apartment buildings in Glover Park welcome trick-or-treaters; be sure to inquire at the front desk for more details
- PLEASE EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN DRIVING. If you can avoid driving that evening then please do so. If you have to drive then please (please please) drive very slow, keep watch for children who may excitedly dart between cars and across streets.
- Consider giving your little ones glow sticks or reflector vests so they are easily visible by cars
- Turn off your porch light when you are done passing out candy or if you will not be home
- Most trick-or-treating will wrap up by 9pm but some older trick-or-treaters may trickle by after that
- Glover Park is a popular ‘destination’ for trick-or-treaters from other parts of the city so be sure to welcome everyone show them what makes this neighborhood so wonderful
Considering a move into or out of Glover Park? Email Anslie for a confidential real estate consultation today!
The Stokes Group is a team of dedicated professionals who have passion for the real estate business and will advocate for our clients with the utmost honesty, integrity, and confidentiality. We believe in building solid relationships with our clients and that starts by getting to know who we are. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram.